I am a full-time freelance photographer, blogger, Fiancè and mother to three boys. I have two biological sons and one taken in from my partner. I started this incredible journey of motherhood at the age of 23 right after I graduated from College. (SIUe c/o 2013!) The timing was HORRIBLE but ended up being just what I needed.
I always knew I was going to be considered an "extra" mom. The kind who plan birthday parties eight months in advance, try to pack Pinterest inspired lunches and celebrate half birthdays. Never in a million year did I think I would have an interest in writing a blog that caters to being a mother. However, four years later here I am.
After experiencing the hardships of motherhood and gaining the experience I felt the need to share my journey with other mothers. Especially first time moms! I have a special place in my heart for them because motherhood is a journey NO ONE can prepare you for.
I plan to share my experience with single motherhood. How to successfully blend families, deal with depression, anxiety and much more. I don’t sugar coat the topics I write about and plan to be as transparent to my reader as possible.
If you ever see me out and about looking a mess, just remember this mom wears many hats and I try my best to un-crust myself.
I hope this blog becomes a tool for expecting mothers as well as advanced. As we all know you NEVER stop learning new things on this path called parenthood. I look forward to writing about my experiences and hearing others.
DJ: Age 7, Karson: Age 5, Mayce: Age 1
15 Random Things About Yanna
1. Sunflowers are my FAVORITE flowers.
2. I could eat Pizza, Pasta, Tacos and Seafood every week.
3.I was born in Minneapolis, MN.
4. I am 5’4 even though I dreamt of being 5’7.
5. I have an obsession with leopard, cactus, & pineapple printed items.
6. I can say all 50 states in alphabetical order.
7. I’ve never been on a boat before.
8. Key Lime pie is my guilty pleasure.
9. I got my first tattoo at the age of 14. I have 8 total now and plan on getting more. 😝
10. I am partially (1/4) Ojibwe Native American. (Leech Lake)
11. I hate feet.
12. Favorite colors are Forest Green & Mustard.
13. 9/10 I am wearing black, white or grey.
14. Pugs are my favorite breed of dogs.
15. I don’t care for baked macaroni and cheese at all.